Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week 4: Objects in Motion!

Well I didn't post during the week like I had hoped to, I got sucked into the Holiday tornado of fun and awesomeness. On the good side, it was also a sketching tornado of awesomeness. I've got quite a bit of sketches to make up for the slack, most of which are of my brother and sis-in-law's new dog, Copper. I haven't drawn dogs very much and I tend to shy away from trying to draw things that are moving a lot. Well, Copper helped me start to overcome both. He moves a ton and you can tell that I still struggled to capture his gestures because a lot of the sketches are of him sleeping or laying down. I learned a lot, though. It's been a great New-vember ya'll. I'll post the next months theme this week.


The only thing I did was warm up the lighted areas. I feel like I'm getting
close to the end, though. I want to darken some things and then add the fine extras.
It was a bit rough at first
Lots of sleeping and laying down poses.

He is a forever sad little Beagle. You can tell when he's happy, though,
he wags his tail, jumps up on you, and licks your face off. He's a fun dog.

By the end I was able to do these from my head.
I learned something.



Hunchback, lonely, friendless musician character
concept I've started thinking about.

Brad, my home-bro, opening a present for his b-day

Critiquing your stuff helps you improve, I've noticed.
I critiqued this and then went over it and tried to fix things. I think it helped


Crows for Mike's story.

Moving into the Character concept design now.


More caricature experiments. It's been tough, but I'm slowly
starting to see and understand.

2 comments:

  1. This is incredible!!!! I love the crows!!! That was cool to watch them move from real life, to cartoon!!! You are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE ANIMALS
    THEY THRILL ME


    The birds are my personal fave.

    why do you have to be good at ALLLL the things?!

    ReplyDelete