Monday, November 7, 2011

New-vember!

Happy NEW-VEMBER everyone! This month is all about starting fresh, becoming a new person. Out with the old, in with the new. A terrible trap for any artist is getting stuck in a familiar and comfortable routine, and there are a lot of habits that I want to break. I good way of becoming more creative is by trying things in different ways, which helps you see things from new perspectives. It keeps you on your toes and prods you to actively problem solve! So, I am going to try new things, draw subjects that I struggle drawing, use tools I haven't learned or that I shy away from (like crayons!!), and experiment new styles. Along with that I am going to change a horrible characteristic in myself. I have made so many empty promises, telling people that I would make them pictures and paintings and things, but have not followed through. I'm going to do those and start keeping my promises, or not make them in the first place. Among these promises are a painting for my sister-in-law, a drawing for old apartment 6, a painting for Nolan, and some drawings for my friend Mike's story ideas.

That is this month, and I included some sketch pages to start off the week. I hope you guys try new things too in whatever talent or goal you may have!





A tree house concept from a while back

I glanced at a kid for a split second at the eye doctor last week and the Socrates Astronaut was born


Some warm-up gestures from pixelovely.


The eye doctor's office was full of awesome old guys and sweet mosaic lamps.
I wish I had drawn more Old  men.


Some Bean Museum animals along with notes about story from some directors
that work at Sony that visited last Friday.

The bean head man was one of the directors. He had the best Grover monster voice
and he was Irish. 

3 comments:

  1. Wah hoo!!!!! Looks amazing! Sounds like a good challenge for New-vember. I'll see what I can do to support ya! I'm excited for my pics too..... :) By the way, I want to take the gazelle home with me, and I love the warm-up sketches!
    Go and do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I didn't comment on these before!
    I love those old lamps.
    And I can tell that you have gotten more comfortable with the brush pen since you posted this (not to say that you weren't amazing with it before.)
    Everything you draw seems more effortless and natural now (I'm pointing this out in comparison to this post and others in the past), like drawing has become second nature for you. THIS IS GOOD.
    Also, you've graduated from printer paper to the sketchbook since then.
    You've grown so much!!! *happy tears*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I'm still in love with the treehouse. You should draw more tree houses. I think you could come up with a lot of cool ideas with that, man.

    ReplyDelete