Sunday, December 9, 2012

3D Work from the Semester

 Here is some 3D work from the semester I thought i'd put up.
      - The Clock Plant thing is for a still life project in our intermediate 3D class.
      - The desk is a 3D model that I made for the current senior film called "Chasm."


This still needs some love and attention. I plan on working more
with the textures and adding more things to make the clock feel more
like it's falling apart. My Friend also suggested more leafage and rootage,
which will be good as well. Oh and there are seeds floating! haha
Your thoughts?





4 comments:

  1. The desk looks amazing, Jarom! Nicely done :) For the still life, I'd love to see more interaction between the clock and the plant, like your friend suggested. But really impressive work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meehea! Ya, definitely need to work on that. I'm really excited to get some nice roots and dirt in there. It's amazing how much research you really have to do if you want something to be interesting and believable. Crazy stuff. I want to see how your candle turned out!

      Delete
  2. You should probably also consider including an occlusion pass. If you need help figuring that out, I can get with you on Tuesday and we can get it working! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did throw in an occlusion pass. The only thing that it affected was the inside of the clock face and inside the hole in the clock. I'll definitely have to play around with different rendering stuffs. Thanks for the suggestion though. Maybe I did it wrong or something! typical Neumann.

      Delete